Shed for Success™ Traction Program
This is a highly customized solution for leaders and staff from corporate, education and the healthcare industry. Based on your needs, a prescriptive program is designed and delivered specifically around your outcomes.
Four focused tracks provide the traction to embed long lasting change readiness into every fiber of the organization’s DNA.
• Employee Track (all employees)
• Leadership Track (supervisors, managers and executives)
• SHED Champion Track (formal and informal leaders who will be responsible for keeping the SHED program alive.
• Trainer Certification Track (educators, trainers or leaders who are certified to train the employee and leadership courses and equipped to assist business leaders in the development of building stronger work teams and engagement programs to support organizational change initiatives.
Employee Training: Shed for Success
In addition to the virtual training objectives which is pre-work, this course includes:
• Awareness of how each person currently deals with organizational change
• Understand the strengths and challenges of each SHED Style
• Apply 16 communication change strategies for adapting your SHED style and become 75% more effective
• Recognize primary and secondary SHED Styles and how to help others from getting unstuck
• Value each person’s style and the strength they bring to the team
• Manage SHED styles under stress – any strength over developed can become your weakness
• Harness the power of celebration in accelerating professional and organizational goals
• Distinguish the difference in real and imagined fears
• Develop an action plan of how to address fear and move forward
• Learn the 3 R’s of shedding to stay positive, juggle multiple priorities and do more with less
• Identify the 3 areas where people become over attached and can’t SHED
• Learn how to embrace change quickly by reframing any challenging situation
• Implement 5 key ways to eliminate negativity and create a positive work environment
• Practice 40 ways to recharge at work in less than 5 minutes (energy management)
• Identify 25 things you can control right now (control management)
• Utilize being in the present to avoid accidents, build stronger teams and enhance customer service
• Learn 5 key filters questions to help you decide if it is time to SHED
• Understand the benefits of changing (shedding) vs. the consequences of not changing (shedding)
• Practice the 3 tips for helping people become comfortable with uncertainty
“Kathy’s Shed or You’re Dead philosophy permeated our minds so much that we instituted an awards program called ‘Shed for Success’ which recognizes individuals or team members who excel.”
Training Manager, Shell Oil
Shed Champion Training: Shed for Success
In addition to the regular Employee course, this program includes:
- How to manage up
- Incorporate the characteristics of a SHED Champion into daily work life
- Overall wrap up, planning and discussing the Traction program and specific action items
One year SHED for Success Traction Program
- Monthly virtual coaching sessions with the champions for extra planning, preparing, prepping, sharing best practices, tips and tricks, and more.
- Extra reinforcement in using the 12 month SHED AHEAD Program Guide to build traction and accountability with your team Shed
“Kathy’s ability to get everyone in the company, factory labor through management to ‘shed their skin’ and better themselves both personally and professionally is impressive.”
Robert J Aaron
Executive VP, Powersource
Who Killed Communication?
Solving the Mystery of Miscommunication
Experience this highly interactive engaging murder mystery that takes a closer look at what kills communication within organizations. This session will help you identify the 9 characteristics of an outstanding communicator, understanding the barriers that prevent good communication and acquire 31 strategies for keeping communication alive! Develop an action plan on improving your own workplace communication. By the end of the session, with everyone’s help the murder mystery is solved. Miss Communication (miscommunication) always kills communication!
- Answer the 3 key questions every leaders needs to ask before the implement any organizational change.
- Understanding my role(s) in the change process.
- Learning how to preparing myself and others for change.
- Identify how to appropriately express concerns or issues that you have with the change?
- Learn how to communicate change when you’re not 100% for it.
- Learn how to manage change when you are personally dealing with your own losses?
- Avoid common pitfalls of using the wrong communication tool at the wrong time.
- Embrace how to lead in times of crisis and rapid change while being sensitive to the human loss.
- Apply the 7 step Shed for Success model to effectively communicate change.
- Avoid the top 5 reasons why communication fails.
- Learn how to communicate and manage change (from a far) virtually.
- Implement 10 ways to earn buy-in and support from top executives.
- Apply the top 21 Shed for Success™ communication strategies that deliver results.
- Create a personal action plan for how you and your organization will SHED for Success!