Kathy ignites audiences with her interactive keynote presentations — a catalyst for people doing something different than when they walked in. Audiences are engaged by the experience and executives see the results!
Experience the “Magical Hour” Where People Move From
- Stuck to unstuck
- Discouraged to encouraged
- Fear to excitement
- Trapped to empowered
Shed or You’re Dead Keynote®
How to Stay Alive & Thrive in the Midst of Change
Millions of dollars and thousands of hours are lost by organizations each year due to the inability to get employees to move forward with changes. Why do 75% of all change efforts fail? Largely because people feel left out of the process and lack the skills, knowledge and motivation to adapt to the organization’s new systems, processes and procedures. Organizations that equip their people to SHED faster and quicker will be the ones that survive and thrive!
This interactive keynote session is packed with practical strategies for immediate implementation! Leave empowered to SHED for Success™ and be able to:
- Embrace the concept of shedding and why it is a critical skill in today’s healthcare environment
- Learn the 3 foundational R’s of shedding to stay positive, juggle multiple priorities and do more with less
- Understand and conquer the 5 reasons why people resist change and won’t SHED
- Overcome the number one barrier in leading and managing change
- Increase your effectiveness by 75% by removing the biggest obstacles to a successful and sustainable change
“We see many speakers from all over the United States, and Kathy is one of the best I’ve ever seen. One of our mottoes at Wal-mart is Make a Difference. Kathy has done that for us!”
Corporate HR Specialist, Wal-Mart
SHED 2.0 How to Lead Change
When You Don’t Agree With it Yourself.
Are you having trouble keeping up? Feel like the pace of change is accelerating? Have you ever been asked to change or lead change when you didn’t agree with it yourself? If you haven’t experienced it so far, this will be an essential skill to be successful in the future.
Effectively dealing with change is learning how to SHED — to let go of the old and embrace the new.
- Embrace the SHED Philosophy as a daily part of your work and life
- Apply the SHED Scale to evaluate your degree of control over a change
- Learn the six-step process for leading change you don’t agree with
- Utilize the SHED Communication checklist to ensure you are planning and communicating in the most effective way
- Incorporate the five proven strategies to seize the power of change and help others SHED
Live Well. Die Well. Choose Well.
Are you living your life fully alive? Do you jump out of bed every day full of energy and can’t wait to get to work? Do you feel like you’re really living ever day to the best? Most of us struggle at times with many of these. What is a healthy SHED? We know what we should be doing different but we can’t seem to APPLY these changes consistently to our daily lives. Most of us give up before we hardly start. SHED the idea that many experts have told us – it takes 21 days to change a habit or 66 days to develop a new one.
- Implement the SHED NOW technique to immediately make healthy decisions.
- Learn how to SuperSHED any negative limiting beliefs that may be holding you back.
- Capture the secret to living your life more fully alive, choosing wisely on a moment to moment basis. (conscious awareness)
- Exercise your ability to harness change and use it to empower you forward.
- Overcome fear by understanding the cycle of life, stay in the here and now, and take courageous action steps.
SHED for Success:
Seven New Skills Every Worker Needs
The workplace has drastically shifted. The rules have changed. What worked in the past won’t work now or in the future. Do you have the right people, leaders on your team? Do you have a workforce with the right mindset? Are they passionate or in a coma? Resuscitate your entire workforce with this powerful interactive session.
Apply 7 essential SHED skills such as the ability to learn on the fly and to reframe quickly.
- Embrace the SHED Philosophy as a daily part of your work and life
- Learn the seven new skills every worker needs to be successful in the future
- Train team members with 21 new strategies to anchor the new skills of the future
- Incorporate a list of effective interview questions to assess whether you are hiring the right person
- Superpower your team’s success by 75% by incorporating the SHED Style Assessment Tool
Strategic Shedding Celebration
In addition to the SHED Keynote, fast-track your results with a Strategic Shedding Celebration. It’s a critical component for accelerating organizational transformation. We’ll catapult your team into the future and celebrate your success and achievement of your goal IN ADVANCE.
Bring on the balloons, music, and sparkling grape juice. Then get ready for the media interviews asking, “How did you do it?” This prompts your team to reflect and share key steps they have taken to reach their goal. It’s an amazing and powerful exercise that has proven results with our clients such as Honeywell, Norton Healthcare and Verizon Wireless. (Some examples of what some companies have celebrated: J.D. Powers #1 in customer service, The Baldrige Award, or Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For.)
Five key reasons that many Fortune 500 companies and healthcare organizations participate in Strategic Shedding Celebrations.
- It sparks motivation – people become engaged and excited about change
- Everyone helps create the plan and is focused on achieving it
- With buy-in at all levels, participants feel empowered to identify the steps they to reach a common goal
- Universal cooperation means resistance to change dissipates and forward momentum intensifies
- Strategic visualization fast-tracks corporate success
The Strategic Shedding Celebration is an amazing and powerful exercise for change. By catapulting your team – whether it’s 10 or 10,000 people – into a successful future, a Strategic Shedding Celebration will accelerate your success.
If Walt Disney did, you can too!
If your people can envision and celebrate it first they can make it happen!
On opening day in 1971, almost five years after Walt Disney’s death, someone commented to Mike Vance, creative director of Walt Disney Studios, “Isn’t it too bad Walt didn’t live to see this?”
“He did see this,” Vance replied simply. “That’s why it’s here.”
“The Strategic Shedding Celebration that Kathy did for us last year was amazing! I’m excited to say we just ended our fiscal year and we had by far our best year in our 52 year company history. We grew from $88M to $125M in revenue and moved from 3rd in market share to 2nd, displacing the goliath GE. A gigantic step to hitting our goal of becoming #1 in 2020. Celebrating your future in advance works! It was the catalyst we needed. I’d recommend it to any CEO looking to take your company to the next level.
Bruce Zeilinger, CEO, NXC Imaging
Who Killed Communication
Experience this highly interactive engaging murder mystery that takes a closer look at what kills communication within organizations.
This session will help you identify the 9 characteristics of an outstanding communicator, understanding the barriers that prevent good communication and acquire 31 strategies for keeping communication alive!
Develop an action plan on improving your own workplace communication. By the end of the session, with everyone’s help the murder mystery is solved. Miss Communication (miscommunication) always kills communication!